TUTORING LEARNING CENTER( TLC)
Get Tutoring Information Now
The Tutoring-Learning Center offers student-centered academic support across disciplines. In cooperation with staffs, the center provides peer-to-peer assistance through individual and small group collaboration. The Tutoring-Learning Center staffs strive to maximize academic potential and promote student success and retention in a safe and welcoming environment. We adhere to the following views of learning:
- An inclusive environment is integral to a liberal education.
- Every student brings unique abilities to our center.
- Each discipline has a unique way of reading, writing, and learning.
- Learning is not generic; learning always occurs in a specific context.
- Active learning improves a student’s ability to be successful and leads to student ownership of learning.
- Collaboration encourages the development of critical thinking and benefits both learner and peer educators.
- Training of peer tutors, consultants, and discussion leaders includes current learning theory and promotes ethical practices.
- Peer educators model successful learning strategies which encourage students to thrive in a course environment.
- Collaborative relationships with staff members are a vital component of our services.
TLC Mission Statement:
The Tutoring-Learning Center's (TLC) mission is to offer services, programming, and courses that promote student success in a collaborative and inclusive environment. The ultimate goal of the TLC is to empower students as they develop resiliency and successful habits in their fields of study and beyond.